- 1.The Lost Seal
- 2.My Water Comes from the San Juan Mountains
- 3.Una Noche en los Everglades
- 4.One Night in the Everglades
- 5.My Water Comes from the Rocky Mountains
- 6.Sea Secrets
- 7.And the Tide Comes In
- 8.Kupe and the Corals
- 9.Ellie’s Log: Exploring the Forest Where the Great Tree Fell
- 10.The Autumn Calf
- 11.Seeking the Wolf Tree
- 12.Ricky’s Atlas: Mapping a Land on Fire
BY JACQUELINE L. PADILLA-GAMIÑO
ILLUSTRATED BY MARJORIE LEGGITT
One night while young Kupe is fishing with his father, he observes an astonishing event, thousands and thousands of tiny “bubbles” rising to the surface of the waters in the lagoon near where he lives. Kupe visits with an elder from his village and a scientist from the nearby marine lab in an attempt to learn more about what he has seen. Kupe then goes on to learn more about how corals grow and the importance of corals in building the reefs that provide homes for all of the other wonderful animals that he sees while snorkeling in the lagoon.
Bi-lingual paperback versions available: English/Spanish, English/Hawaiian, French/Tahitian, and English/Tahitian, all $8.95.