- 1.The Lost Seal
- 2.My Water Comes from the San Juan Mountains
- 3.Una Noche en los Everglades
- 4.One Night in the Everglades
- 5.My Water Comes from the Rocky Mountains
- 6.Sea Secrets
- 7.And the Tide Comes In
- 8.Kupe and the Corals
- 9.Ellie’s Log: Exploring the Forest Where the Great Tree Fell
- 10.The Autumn Calf
- 11.Seeking the Wolf Tree
- 12.Ricky’s Atlas: Mapping a Land on Fire
BY LAUREL LARSEN PH.D.
ILLUSTRATED BY JOYCE MIHRAN TURLEY
Follow two scientists as they spend a night in the Everglades collecting water samples, photographing wildlife, and sloshing through marshes in an attempt to understand this mysterious ecosystem. Part of a long-term effort to return the Everglades to a natural state after a century of development, the scientists try to figure out what the “river of grass” was like prior to human settlement. Along the way, they deal with razor-sharp sawgrass and alligators and turtles and are even surprised by the sudden presence of what is known in the Everglades as a “frog gigger”—one who hunts and collects frogs for food!
Also available in a Spanish language version, Una Noche en los Everglades.