In April, the Science Update Newsletter covers:
- a perspective piece in Ecology Letters, by NTL and other researchers, on the history and opportunities for the field of macrosystems ecology;
- a comparison of the impacts of grazing and fire history on plant water use and niche structure—from researchers at the KNZ LTER;
- in Ecosystem Health and Sustainability, an application of ecological disturbance theory to urban systems;
- a comparison of the ways that hydrologic regimes and phosphorous availability affect algal diversity in the Everglades and Botswana’s Okavango Delta;
- a report on the recent LTER-NEON Synergies workshop
Subscribe to stay up to date on the latest news on long-term science from across the country, and please share with colleagues and stakeholders.